Mi Vida Loca

Welcome to the chaos and calm, the ups and downs, the happy and sad...my life is a balancing act on so many levels! It is my Libra nature to be constantly striving for balance and harmony, and sometimes (hmm, maybe more times than I think) the devils advocate, leaning towards the contrary to get another perspective on the table. I hope you enjoy reading my new journey into the blogging world! Disclaimer: Some content maybe should've been kept in my head or in my personal journal! Read at your own risk!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My First Post!

This is my very first blog post! Up until recently, I really never could see myself going the blog route. I just couldn't figure out why anyone would want to waste their time reading someone else's personal web log journals, when there is "so much to do and so little time" in a day already!

It all started with getting a myspace account, and found that it was more complicated than I personally could handle. So I ventured to facebook, but still felt the same about it, not what I was looking for (what was I looking for, and did I know I was looking for anything?). I always wanted my own "website" for years now, but lacked the know how (although I am pretty darn savy on navigating the internet for communication, shopping, research, etc).

Recently, as in the past few months, I found myself searching the internet for specific topics regarding unschooling, homeschooling, personal health issues I am going through, different ways to make some extra cash online, money & chores, etc. I found myself really enjoying reading a very personal experience & relatability in the blogs. It wasn't just reading a published article, which are great too, but it was more raw and true to what I was/am going through. I was sold! The deal was sealed when a group of homeschooling Mamas' that I communicated with here locally (except G in Colorado) used their blogs to express themselves & to eachother in a whole new way...different than the usual yahoogroups way that I have been using for almost 10 years now!

So here I am.

It will be rough for a while as I learn this new medium, the netiquette of blogging, how much/little to share, and of course, staying true to my title...the 15 minute blogger. That title is pretty much a new mantra of mine I got from Flylady since I tend to take HOURS to perfect what I am doing (bit obsessive am I). So, now that I have been sitting here for over an hour (getting the um, glitches out, yeah), I gotta bid a farewell- merry meet, merry part and merry meet again!

4 comments:

BK said...

Welcome aboard, Kendra! If you need help manipulating the look of your blog, let me know. One suggestion I would make is to enlarge your text. It's a little small for easy reading. If you don't know how: Go to your blogger dashboard and select 'layout.' There will be tabs at the top left of the page. Just under the tabs you will see 'page elements,' fonts and colors, etc. Choose fonts and colors. In the scrollbar on the left, choose Text Font. Then, in the right hand column of options for the text there are 'smaller' and 'larger' buttons. Click larger a few times till it looks good!

Sam said...

Welcome! I started my blog to keep our long-distance family up on happenings with the kids.

I'm considering another, separate, blog to express non-mommy stuff. Not sure if I want all my in-laws seeing the "raw" me. lol

:)

BK said...

Hey, looking pretty good!

gail said...

hi kendra! g in colorado here....great to see you on the blogs...i'll add you to my list :) you'll love it....

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed