Mi Vida Loca

Welcome to the chaos and calm, the ups and downs, the happy and sad...my life is a balancing act on so many levels! It is my Libra nature to be constantly striving for balance and harmony, and sometimes (hmm, maybe more times than I think) the devils advocate, leaning towards the contrary to get another perspective on the table. I hope you enjoy reading my new journey into the blogging world! Disclaimer: Some content maybe should've been kept in my head or in my personal journal! Read at your own risk!

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Rose City Challenge Gymnastics

Today I got up at 5:30ish roused my eldest up around 6:30. We headed up to Beaverton around 7:15 and we MADE it to his Rose City Challenge gymnastics meet in time! He did SO well, I am so very proud of him. His scores are getting better, and I think he is feeling very in his skin in level 6 now. Healthy, well rested, and with friends.

I have a love/hate relationship with gymnastics. It is his life, our life, and at the same time, taxes us financially to no end! We are now cleaning the gym 2 hours a week (2 of us x 2 equally 4). The burden is so worth it in how he feels about his body, his skills, his stability and consistency in it...been doing it since he was just barely 1.

Now the guilt. Jordan & Hayden too have been doing gym since they were 1 also, and have the same possibilities of skills, strength, love of competition...but there isn't any more MONEY. They are so gifted, they literally climb the walls, beams, anything they can scale they do.

It is hard being a part of potentially the most expensive sport out there, and something I am thinking I will have to be more creative to accomplish this priority.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed